第一章 同一世界One World 1
奥运与世博Olympic Games&World Expo 1
1.We are the world.世界是我们大家的。 11
2.Our world is a global village.世界是个地球村。 11
3.Are you ready for Beijing Olympics?你为北京奥运会做好准备了吗? 11
4.Who is the world champion?谁是世界冠军? 11
5.Are you a player or a visitor?你是运动员还是游客? 11
6.How much do you know about Shanghai Expo?你对上海世博会了解多少? 11
7.Better city,better life.城市,让生活更美好。 11
科技与教育Science&Education 11
8.It's up-to-date technology.这是尖端技术。 19
9.A new model comes out.新款式出来了。 19
10.Do you see the negative effects of technology?你了解科技的负作用吗? 19
11.Are you at college?你在读大学吗? 19
12.Education plays a leading role in scientific progress.教育在科学发展中起着主导作用。13.The test-oriented education must be over.应试教育要废除。天气与影响Weather&Its Effects 19
14.What's the weather like today?今天天气如何? 22
15.Do you have much snow here in winter?你们这里冬天经常下雪吗? 22
16.Does weather affect you?你受天气影响吗? 22
社会与公平Society&Its Fairness 22
17.It was a square deal for everyone.这对大家都是公平的。 27
18.That is unfair.那样不公平。 27
19.Please show your identity.请出示你的身份证。 27
20.Two heads are better than one.人多智广。 27
21.The crime hotline in China is 110.报警电话110。 27
第二章 个人生活Personal Life 27
学习与工作Study&Work 27
22.All I have to do is to learn English.我所要做的就是学习英语。 34
23.Are there any openings?有岗位空缺吗? 34
24.What do you do?你干什么工作? 34
25.Can I have a day off?我能请一天假吗? 34
26.Let's call it a day.今天到此结束吧。 34
27.Why do you want to change your job?你为什么要跳槽? 34
28.What is your plan for the holiday?你计划如何休假? 34
爱情与婚姻Love&Marriage 34
29.Are you sure she really loves you?你确信她真正爱你吗? 38
30.Your beauty really knocks me out.你的美丽真使我倾倒。 38
31.Are you going to get engaged?你们准备订婚吗? 38
32.Are you married?你结婚了吗? 38
33.It's none of your business.不关你的事。 38
家庭与生活Family&Life 38
34.It really comes in handy.有了它真方便。 42
35.Are you used to the life there?你习惯那儿的生活吗? 42
36.They never come to visit me.他们从不来看我。 42
37.Do you look after them well?你把他们照顾得很好吗? 42
38.That's what a married life is.这就是婚后生活。 42
购物与打折Shopping&Discount 42
39.May I try it on?我能试穿一下吗? 46
40.Never buy expensive clothes.绝不要买贵重的衣服。 46
41.It's getting popular.它很受欢迎。 46
42.It's a deal.成交。 46
健康与病痛Health&Illness 46
43.You will recover soon.你很快就会康复的。 50
44.It hurts like hell.疼得要命。 50
45.Let's take a walk.我们去散步吧。 50
46.It will do you some good.这会对你有好处。 50
47.That was a close call.太危险了。 50
努力与梦想Efforts&Dreams 50
48.We have a long way to go.我们还要继续努力。 55
49.No pains,no gains.不付出,则无获。 55
50.You'll succeed sooner or later.你迟早会成功的。 55
51.Let's make our dream come true.让我们的梦想成真。 55
第三章 社会交往Social Life 55
问候与祝福Greetings&Blessings 55
52.It's nice meeting you.很高兴认识你。 61
53.It's been a long time since we met last.好久不见了。 61
54.How is your family?你的家人怎样? 61
55.Where have you been?你到哪儿去了? 61
56.Let's celebrate!让我们庆祝一下吧! 61
57.Happy Birthday to you!祝你生日快乐! 61
外出与交规Out&Traffic Rules 61
58.Are you free tomorrow?你明天有空吗? 66
59.Do you have some change with you?你身上带零钱了吗? 66
60.It's worth seeing.它值得一看。 66
61.Could you drop me off somewhere near...?你能载我到附近吗? 66
62.What's wrong with my car?我的车怎么了? 66
63.You break traffic rules.你违反了交通规则。 66
通信与联系Communication&Correspondence 66
64.Are you online?你在上网吗? 71
65.Can I take a message?要我传话吗? 71
66.Drop me a line.写封信给我。 71
67.How can I get in touch with you?我怎样和你联系? 71
68.Have you heard from Mary?你收到玛丽的来信吗? 71
订餐与饭局Reservations&Dining 71
69.Can I make a reservation?我可以预订座位吗? 77
70.Could I have the bill,please?请把账单给我好吗? 77
71.It's my treat.You're my friend.我来请客,你是我的朋友。 77
72.What are we having for dinner?我们晚餐吃什么? 77
73.Can I take a rain check?你能改天再请我吗? 77
74.My mouth is watering.我馋得直流口水。 77
交往与友谊Socialization&Friendship 77
75.Please make yourself at home.请别客气。 83
76.It's my pleasure.这是我的荣幸。 83
77.He means well.他出于好意。 83
78.It's a piece of cake.这事很容易搞定。 83
79.We have a lot in common.我们有诸多共同之处。 83
80.It was obvious that he was very embarrassed.他显然感到十分尴尬。 83
81.Don't be deceived by his looks or words.不要被外表或蜜语所欺骗。 83
时间与精力Time&Energy 83
82.I'm always punctual.我总是准时到。 89
83.How long will it take you to do it?你要多长时间? 89
84.How long did it last?这持续多长时间了? 89
85.It'll take some time.这需要一些时间。 89
86.It's only a matter of time.这只是时间问题。 89
87.It's a waste of time and energy.这是浪费时间和精力。 89
88.Time will tell.时间会证明。 89
第四章 多彩阅历Variety of Experiences 89
旅游与观光Travel&Sightseeing 89
89.Did you enjoy your flight?你飞行旅途愉快吗? 96
90.When shall we reach there?我们什么时候到那里? 96
91.Many tourists come here in summer.许多游客夏天来这里。 96
92.Did you enjoy yourself?你玩得愉快吗? 96
93.To see is to believe.百闻不如一见。 96
94.That sounds like a good idea.那听起来是个好主意。 96
95.What a pity!真是遗憾! 96
金钱与乐趣Money&Joy 96
96.Money talks.有钱能使鬼推磨。 100
97.Money will come and go.钱是身外之物。 100
98.Variety is the spice of life.阅历丰富才能使生活充满乐趣。 100
99.It changed my life.这改变了我的生活。 100
运气与财气Luck&Fortune 100
100.Better luck next time.祝你下次好运。 105
101.Chances are slim.机会很渺茫。 105
102.As far as I know,you could do better.依我看,你可以做得更好。 105
103.He has stricken a fortune.他发财了。 105
104.There's a possibility.有这个可能。 105
锻炼与瘦身Exercise&Body Shaping 105
105.Do you often work out at the gym?你经常在体育馆锻炼吗? 109
106.It's better than nothing.总比什么都不做好。 109
107.He's getting heavier.他越来越胖了。 109
108.I'm on a diet.我正在节食。 109
第五章 生活烦恼Trouble in Life 109
麻烦与帮忙Trouble&Help 109
109.There's nothing I can do.我无计可施。 115
110.Can you lend me a hand?你能帮个忙吗? 115
111.I've got my hands full.我手头正忙。 115
112.May I ask you a question?我可以问你一个问题吗? 115
113.It is a hard job,but I hope you can make it.这事不好 115
做,但我希望你能完成。 115
114.I have no slightest idea.我一点儿也不知道。 115
烦恼与发疯Annoyance&Madness 115
115.It's a pain in the neck.那真是一件麻烦事。 120
116.I don't ask for trouble.我不愿自找麻烦。 120
117.It gives me a headache.真让我头痛。 120
118.It's very annoying.真烦人。 120
119.Are you crazy?你发疯了吗? 120
120.It drives me crazy.把我逼疯了。 120
担忧与害怕Worry&Fright 120
121.Don't worry about it.别担心。 124
122.Don't make any mistakes.别出差错。 124
123.It doesn't work.它失灵了。 124
124.It is hard to say.很难说。 124
125.It's up in the air.悬而未决。 124
困境与教训Dilemma&Lessons 124
126.Something has come up.意想不到的事出现了。 129
127.I wonder what's happened to him.我不知道他出什么事了。 129
128.It's given you a lesson.这给了你一个教训。 129
129.I missed the chance.我错失良机。 129
130.I have no other choice.我别无选择。 129
第六章 个人观点Personal Views 129
询问与回答Questions&Answers 129
131.Let me find out why.让我去找找原因吧。 135
132.What's it about?是什么内容? 135
133.What's the deadline?截止到什么时候? 135
134.You're wrong,my dear.你错了,我亲爱的。 135
135.Let me guess.让我猜一猜。 135
136.Have you ever been abroad?你出过国吗? 135
态度与意见Attitudes&Opinions 135
137.Stay out of this matter,please.请别管这事。 141
138.It doesn't hold water.这站不住脚。 141
139.That's ridiculous.太荒唐了。 141
140.He's mean.他真小气。 141
141.It's good to talk with them.和他们谈一谈有好处。 141
142.It is incredible.难以置信。 141
143.It means a lot to me.这对我很重要。 141
商量与建议Advice&Suggestions 141
144.Can you give me some advice?你能给我一些建议吗? 147
145.What do you recommend?你推荐什么? 147
146.May I pay by credit card?我能用信用卡付款吗? 147
147.It's about time you did it.你早该做了。 147
148.Only in this way can we do it well.只有这样,才能做好这事。 147
149.Your plan won't fall through.你的计划不会落空。 147
认识与做法Insights&Approaches 147
150.Let me see.让我想一想。 157
151.What do you think of it?你觉得怎么样? 157
152.Let's hope for the best.让我们往好处想。 157
153.I'm not joking.我不是在开玩笑。 157
154.It doesn't seem like that.似乎不是那样。 157
155.It doesn't make any difference.这没有什么不一样。 157
156.It's very good to me.这对我有益。 157
157.It seems certain that he is right.似乎他必然是对的。 157
158.There's no doubt about it.那毫无疑问。 157
159.It's just for me.这正是我所想要的。 157
160.It's a long story.说来话长。 157
第七章 生活理念Philosophy of Life 157
谅解与宽恕Understanding&Forgiveness 157
161.Forgive me for doing that.原谅我的所作所为。 164
162.I would feel guilty if I were you.我要是你的话,我会内疚的。 164
163.It's all my fault.都是我的错。 164
164.It won't happen again.下不为例。 164
165.It slipped my mind.我忘记了。 164
166.I'm sorry,but you have to wait a moment.对不起,请稍候。 164
167.Let's make up.让我们言归于好吧。 164
性格与脾气Characters&Personalities 164
168.What's his character?他是什么性格的人? 171
169.Don't look down on others.不要小看人。 171
170.Don't judge a person by his looks.不要以貌取人。 171
171.Don't keep silent.不要保持沉默。 171
172.Don't be impatient.不要发火。 171
173.Don't lose heart.不要丧失信心。 171
174.Don't make a fuss about it.不要大惊小怪。 171
175.Don't say No to me.不要对我说“不”。 171
176.You should kick the habit.你应戒除恶习。 171
局面与措施Situations&Measures 171
177.It's a matter of life and death.这是事关生死的大事。 177
178.It can't be helped.无能为力。 177
179.It's out of the question.这是不可能的。 177
180.It doesn't make any sense to us.这对我们毫无意义。 177
181.Shall I do it again?我需要重做一遍吗? 177
182.It's beyond me.我看不懂。 177
183.It's too difficult for me to understand.它太难了,我理解不了。 177
决策与执行Decisions&Actions 177
184.It's up to you.由你决定。 182
185.Better late than never.晚做总比不做好。 182
186.The sooner,the better.越快越好。 182
187.You should look before you leap.你应该三思而行。 182
188.Let's have a new lease of life.让我们开始新的生活。 182
参考书目 182