121 Do you have the time? 现在几点? 2
序--我是这样学英文的 3
中文版序 6
122 What s the date today? 今天几号? 6
推荐序 10
123 How long will the next bus be? 下一班车要等多久? 10
内容说明 12
124 How long have you been gone? 你离开多久? 14
125 Be punctual,please. 请准时。 19
126 That s pretty short notice. 时间太过仓促。 22
127 did you set your watch one hour ahead? 有没有将表往前拨一个小时? 26
128 I ll drop by one of these days. 哪天我会去看你。 31
129 Seven years ago tomorrow. 到明天就七年了。 36
130 Better late than never. 迟到总比不到好。 39
131 Decembr 15 to January 3:Christmas Vacation.从12月15日到1月3日是圣诞假期。 42
132 What s the average life span of a Chinese male? 中国男性的平均寿命是多少呢? 47
133 Is it under warranty? 有保修期吗? 50
134 Times have changed. 时代变了。 55
135 What s your normal turnaround time? 你们处理时间要多久? 58
136 Have anything smaller? 有小钞吗? 62
137 I want it all in ones. 我要全部都是一元。 67
138 It will cost you an arm and a leg. 这会让你花很多钱。 70
139 I need a cashier s check for $ 1,1000. 我要开一千元的银行本票。 74
140 I d like to apply for a credit card. 我想申请信用卡。 78
141 Can you break this? 这个能换得开吗? 83
142 I can t tell fake from real. 真假难辨。 86
143 I am 4,000 in the hole. 我负债四千元。 90
144 I borrow from Peter to pay Paul. 拆东墙补西墙。 94
145 Can I get a rain check? 改天好吗? 99
146 It s selling like hot cakes. 这很热卖。 104
147 Your credit card is maxed out. 您的信用卡超支了。 110
148 Let me have the carbon,please. 请给我副本。 114
149 It s in the ballpark. 差不多。 118
150 Don t be penny wise and pound foolish. 不要因小失大。 122
151 I m still solvent.我还有偿付能力。 126
152 Is it tax deductible?可以扣税吗? 130
153 This is highway robbery! 这根本就是抢劫! 134
154 I think I ll shop around. 我逛逛。 138
155 Will that be all?就这些吗? 143
156 Who do I make this out to? 支票抬头要写谁呢? 146
157 Money is no object. 钱不是问题。 151
158 You gave me a rubber check. 你开空头支票。 156
159 I made a killing in Las Vegas. 我在拉斯维加斯发了一笔横财。 161
160 It s not easy keeping up with the Joneses. 要赶上高生活水准的邻居可不容易。 164
161 I d like to return this. 我要退货。 168
162 It s dirt cheap. 好便宜。 172
163 It s a steal. 真便宜。 176
164 I have a tight pocketbook.我手头好紧。 180
165 Is financing available? 可以分期付款吗? 184
166 I ll pick up the tab. 我来结帐。 190
167 We are selling it below cost. 我们赔本卖。 194
168 This is a cutting-edge product. 这是最新科技产品。 198
169 Can you ring it up for me? 请帮我结帐好吗? 202
170 I m going for broke. 我尽力而为。 206
171 I m going grocery shopping. 我要去买菜。 210
172 What s your general price range? 您要的价位是多少? 214
173 I m out $ 550. 我输了550美元。 218
174 You can t haggle here. 这里不能杀价。 222
175 You paid through the nose. 你买贵了。 226
176 This house is for sale. 这栋房子要出售。 230
177 Do you break up the set? 能不能只买其中一部分? 233
178 That s all I need. 怎么这么倒楣。 238
179 How much do I pay out of pocket? 我要自付多少? 242
180 What are the terms?付款期限多久? 246