181 How s it going?您好吗? 2
序--我是这样学英文的 3
中文版序 6
182 Have you met each other?两位见过面吗? 6
推荐序 10
183 You can call me Bill. 你可以叫我比尔。 10
内容说明 12
184 She is my ex. 她是我前妻。 14
185 It s a small world! 世界真小! 18
186 I have some good news and some bad news. 有好消息,也有坏消息。 22
187 Can you be more specific?能说得更具体一点吗? 26
188 Something like that. 诸如此类的事情。 30
189 You re pulling my leg,aren t you?你在开玩笑吧? 34
190 Leave it to me. 交给我吧! 38
191 Say hello to your parents for me.代为问候你父母。 43
192 Am I interrupting anyting? 我有没有妨碍你什么事情? 46
193 We have a lot in common. 我们有许多共同点。 51
194 The pleasure was all mine. 哪里哪里。 54
195 I beg your pardon?你说什么? 58
196 Are you two related? 你们两位是亲戚吗? 63
197 I can t place you. 我想不起来你是谁了。 66
198 Mind if I smoke? 介意我吸烟吗? 72
199 He lettered in football. 他是校足球队的一员。 76
200 We went to the same school. 我们是校友 80
201 How did he strike you? 你对他的印象如何? 84
202 I haven t met Mr. Right yet. 我还没有遇见合适的男人呢! 88
203 This is a little something for you. 不成敬意,请您收下。 93
204 Let s chip in and buy him a gift. 我们凑钱买份礼物给他吧。 96
205 I want to return your favor. 我想要报答你的恩情。 100
206 She is my kind of girl. 她是我喜欢的类型。 103
207 Just between you and me. 我俩之间的秘密 106
208 She has a big mouth. 她很多嘴。 110
209 Mum is the word. 沉默是金。 114
210 He never cheats on his wife. 他从没有背着老婆乱来。 118
211 She wears the pants in the house. 她掌权当家。 122
212 He has a good background. 他的学历和工作经验很不错。 126
213 You said it. 你说得没错。 130
214 I m pushing 70.我快七十岁了。 134
215 His days are numbered.他快要完蛋了。 138
216 It must be in the genes. 这一定是遗传的结果。 140
217 I have a previous engagment. 我已经有约了。 144
218 Don t stand me up. 别失约哟。 148
219 Sorry to keep you waiting. 抱歉让您久等了。 152
220 My birthday falls on Saturday. 我的生日刚好是星期六。 154
221 When is the housewarming party? 什么时候办乔迁之喜呀? 161
222 It can wait. 待会儿也可以! 164
223 Stop by my house sometime. 有空到我家坐坐。 168
224 I d like to put our mail on vacation hold. 我想申请假期暂停送信。 173
225 Make yourself at home. 当成在自己家吧。 176
226 Sorry for barging in like this. 突然造访,真是不好意思。 180
227 We re a two-paycheck couple. 我们是双薪家庭。 184
228 Could you babysit my son? 可不可以暂时照顾一下我的儿子? 188
229 We re shorthanded today. 我们今天人手不够。 192
230 What are neighbors for? 邻居是干什么的呢? 196
231 Excuse my appearance. 请原谅我衣衫不整。 200
232 He blew his cool. 他发火了。 204
233 Don t take the law into your own hands. 请勿不经法律,自己用武力解决事情。 208
234 You can t do this to me! 你不能这样对我! 211
235 You ll be hearing from my lawyer. 我要告你。 214
236 Don t become a statistic. 小心成为统计数字。 218
237 Mind your p s and q s. 管好你自己的事! 222
238 I ll take the Fifth. 无可奉告。 226
239 Put yourself in my shoes. 站在我的立场想一想。 230
240 It s dog-eat-dog out there. 外面是个竞争激烈的社会。 233